i FINALLY figured out how to quilt the quilt :) cut out with acrylic templates (custom made here), sewn by machine with a 1/4″-foot.
it will be 4 squares bigger than this, originally i thought even bigger, but having spent a lot of time and fabric on testing techinques i’ve run out of the green fabric – and so has the fabric shop! i am very happy to have figured out how to machine piece this – this way it may get done sometime in the near future :)
some intense googling has also given me the name of the pattern – flowering snowball.
and yes i did – last month i bought a new sewing machine! for some reason i just decided i needed one – after having used my mom’s husquarna machine since the 80ies.
since last time, i have also made 3 christmas ornaments from the book julekuler by the designers arne & carlos. the pattern calls for wool filling, but i put glass balls on the inside to give a better round shape, and gave’em a bit of rub with soap and hot water to tighten them up. very quick little project, but a bit fidgety with two colors, 5 needles and a glass ball…